Anusol Ointment helps to relieve the pain, swelling, itch and irritation of internal and
external piles, it helps relieves anal inflammation, anal fissures and anal itching. It can also
be used following ano-rectal surgery.
- This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any
doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine…
If you are allergic to Anusol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in
- If you have fungal, viral or bacterial skin sores.
Talk to your doctor or the pharmacist if you
- Have rectal bleeding or blood in the stool or if you are in doubt whether any
bleeding you have experienced is caused by piles
- If symptoms worsen or do not improve after you have used the medicine for 7 days.
- Use with other medicines containing corticosteroids may increase the risk of systemic
- Taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained
without a prescription
- Pregnant or breast feeding only use on the advice of your doctor.
How to use Anusol ointment
- Wash the anal area and dry gently with a soft towel before using the medicine
- There is a nozzle supplied with the product which can be used to apply the ointment into
the back passage (anus).
- For external piles – after washing and drying the affected area, the ointment should be
applied using a gauze dressing.
- For internal piles – after washing and drying the affected area, screw the nozzle provided
onto the tube, remove the nozzle cap; insert the nozzle into the back passage and squeeze
gently. Clean the nozzle after each use.
- Wash your hands before and after using Anusol.
This product is not recommend for anyone under the age of eighteen
Excessive use or use for long periods of time can be harmful, causing the skin to thin,
develop a stripy appearance or affect the blood vessels just below the skin. It can also cause
adrenal suppression. If affected stop treatment and speak to your doctor or pharmacist immediately
The active substances are per 100 g: Hydrocortisone acetate 0.25 g, Zinc oxide 10.75 g,
Bismuth subgallate 2.25 g, Balsam Peru 1.875 g, Bismuth oxide 0.875 g and Benzyl benzoate
Other ingredients are: Magnesium stearate, theobroma oil, wool fat (lanolin anhydrous),
castor oil, kaolin light, calcium hydrogen phosphate and white soft paraffin.
How to store
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Do not use your medicine after the date shown as expiry date after “EXP” on the carton and
Other similar products