Gaviscon Extra Tablets are a combination of two antacids (calcium carbonate and
sodium bicarbonate) and an alginate which works in two ways:
- Neutralising excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort.
- Forming a protective barrier of the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in
your chest which may last for up to 4 hours.
This medicine is used for the treatment of acid related symptoms of gastro-oesophageal
reflux such as acid regurgitation, heartburn and indigestion which may occur,
Do not take if you have/are
- allergic to any of the
ingredients of this medicine
Talk to the pharmacist or doctor if you have/are
- Severe kidney problems.
- Electrolyte disturbances causing low level of phosphate in the blood.
- Suffer or have suffered from significant kidney or heart disease as certain salts could
interfere with these diseases
- Know you have reduced amounts of gastric acid in your stomach, as this product may
be less effective.
How to take Gaviscon Extra Tablets
For oral administration, chew thoroughly before swallowing.
Adults and children 12 years and over:
When symptoms occur take two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime up to four times a
Children under 12 years old:
Should only be taken on medical advice.
How to store
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not use this product after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP
(month/year). The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not store above 30oC (25oC for the handypack) and store in the original package to protect
The active substances in each chewable tablet are 250mg sodium alginate, 106.5mg sodium
bicarbonate and 187.5mg calcium carbonate. The other ingredients are xylitol, carmellose
sodium, magnesium sterate, macrogol 20,000, mannitol (E421), copovidone, acesulfame-k,
aspartame (E951), mint flavour and carmoisine lake (E122). This product does not contain
Health information for this product
Other products for heartburn & indigestion